We understand that people are concerned about their health and wellbeing. As a healthcare provider, we wish to extend our care to everyone.
Let’s work together and we will get through this!
Let's practice good hygiene and mental health care.
With good hygiene, we can slow the spread of the virus.
Currently, the latest updates on the spread in China, South Korea, and Singapore have significantly dropped.
What is fundamental is that we need to work together and follow the simple guidelines set by the Australian health authority.
If you experience flu like symptoms such as sore throat, nasal congestion, fever, cough you must:
Call your doctor
If you need to go out to get medical help wear a face mask and put a distance between yourself and other people
At Sydney Acupuncture and Massage CBD we follow strict guidelines set by the Australian Department of Health:
We use hospital-grade disinfectants to clean and disinfect all surfaces including benchtops, desks, doorknobs, phones, keyboards, etc.
We keep up to date and are responsive to any changes the health department sets.
Please note that as registered acupuncturists we already practice high levels of infection control.
To help get through this difficult time Sydney Acupuncture and Massage CBD now offer skype or phone consultations. If you need a herbal prescription we will post them to you. Chinese herbal therapy has recently been used in China to effectively help manage flu-like symptoms. Chinese medicine has a long history of treating infectious diseases.
Don’t wait to get sick be proactive and strengthen your immune system
Strengthening the Immune System is key to Chinese Medicine. Over thousands of years, it has developed protocols that have proven to be highly effective. Here is a strategy that has been shown to strengthen the immune system:
- Take regular exercise including Tai Qi, Qi Gong and or yoga
- Meditate including deep breathing, visualisation and relaxation
- Regular acupuncture
- Chinese herbs such as Astragalis, Ginseng
- Moxibustion on acupuncture point St36
If you wish to try this method you can call for a telephone consultation and we can explain using video how you can administer this treatment at home
- Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D
Mental Healthcare is critical in a time of high panic and distress. If you are feeling anxious and possibly losing sleep some of the above recommendations can be of great help to help calm and settle you down. In particular:
- Knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that this too will pass
- That you are practicing good hygiene and other procedures recommended by the health department
- That you are looking after yourself
- Eat well with wholesome foods in particular fresh fruit and vegetables
- Be active do regular exercise as we have mentioned previously
- Have regular acupuncture
- Reach out to your friends, family or your health care practitioner
- Practice meditation, relaxation, visualization
Take a few moments to sit or lie and reflect
Take a few breaths through your nose deep into your abdomen and each time you breathe out let the tension in your body release with the breath.
Repeat to yourself
That you are safe
That you are healthy
That you are happy
That you are at ease
To be grateful for what you have